Please read all the information presented below. FAQ is located at the bottom of this page if you have further questions.
In order to enable in-person events to take place with lower risk to participants, effective October 1, 2021, CASSS is requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination for admittance to CASSS in-person meetings and events. See requirements below. All attendees must also comply with any state or local mask mandates in place for indoor events.
We are partnering with VaxYes by GoGetDoc for vaccine verification. You can get your digital vaccine card added to your digital wallet for free and it only takes a few minutes.
CASSS is committed to protecting its attendees, participants, and staff members to the highest degree possible when attending our conferences. All in-person registrants must complete the VaxYes verification PRIOR to arriving onsite. If you have recently attended a CASSS conference and completed the VaxYes requirement, you will still need to follow the link to be added to the list for this meeting. Your record may still be securely saved within the VaxYes system from your previous verification (if allowable based on your country of residence) so full resubmission is not always necessary.
To get started:
- Make sure to use your mobile device.
- Have your vaccine verification card and an official government issued ID (driver’s license or passport) ready.
CASSS requires proof of any of the following:
- An accepted single-dose vaccine administered at least 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start of the event
- A second dose of an accepted 2-dose series administered at least 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start of the event
- A full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine (not placebo) in a clinical trial administered at least 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start of the event;
- A second dose of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19* vaccines administered at least 17 days apart** and administered at least 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start of the event
- US and Canadian citizens: If the above occurred more than 6 months prior, a third dose of a 2-dose series, or second dose of a single-dose.
- EU citizens: If the above occurred more than 9 months prior, a third dose of a 2-dose series, or second dose of a single-dose.
If you don’t meet these requirements, you are NOT considered fully vaccinated for this event.
The verification process takes less than 10 minutes. Please do it now in order to avoid being turned away from the conference.
CASSS VaxYes/GoGetDoc FAQS
As you prepare to attend the upcoming in-person meeting, we know that you may have questions related to the CASSS COVID-19 vaccine verification process. In the event that you are not able to find an answer to your question below, please send an email to CASSS Meeting Specialist, Mikaela Sanford (email@example.com).
ATTENTION EU ATTENDEES – Due to limitations of the VaxYes system, you are not required to complete your vaccine verification through this site. Please be prepared to provide your proof of vaccine on-site at the Symposium registration desk with your digital vaccination record (QR code). This will be required to gain entry to the event.
A: It depends. If you meet the vaccine and booster timeline requirements outlined above, then yes, the verification remains valid. If you do not meet the timeline requirements (for example, you may have only received 2 doses of the vaccine at the time of WCBP, but more than 6 months have passed since the second dose) then you will have to add your booster information to the existing VaxYes record.
Ultimately, you must log into your VaxYes account via the unique link related to the meeting that you will attend in order to verify your identity. Once you complete this task, you will be added to the meeting’s vaccine verification list. Please note that in the event that your booster information has been applied to your VaxYes record, you will not be required to re-upload your documents.
Make sure to use the specific link outlined on the meeting site or your registration confirmation, and refrain from using the general VaxYes certification link (found on the GoGetDoc homepage), as it is not associated with CASSS or a specific CASSS symposium.
Q: I am having trouble uploading my information to VaxYes. How should I proceed with completing the verification process?
*The list of accepted vaccines is here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#covid-vaccines.html
**CDC has not recommended the use of mix-and-match COVID-19 vaccine primary series. However, such strategies are increasingly common in many countries outside of the United States. Therefore, for the purpose of interpreting vaccination records for travel to the United States, CDC will accept combinations of accepted COVID-19 vaccines.
If you have any other questions, please contact the CASSS office at 510-428-0740.